The Video Situation Clarified, as Dan Marvin Seems a Little Confused
Over on his risible blog, Dan has posed the following request –
“let’s hear that case against Sye.”
OK, here you go –
1. Sye agreed to appear on the Fundamentally Flawed Podcast
2. Jim read a set of terms at the beginning of the recording making it clear that we would not give permission for the audio to be edited, used commercially, or uploaded to a Christian channel on Youtube. Jim asked Sye if he understood.
3. Sye explicitly said that he understood the terms.
4. Seemingly perfectly happy with those terms, Sye continued with the debate, only to run away moments later when he realised he might have to actually provide some evidence for the existence of his god, and that his usual blizzard of bullshit wasn’t going to fly.
5. Crown Rights Media then uploaded an edited version of the audio, complete with commercial adverts for Sye’s site and their own company, and minus any attribution onto their Christian channel on Youtube – DIRECTLY contravening the agreement Sye himself had made.
6. That video was pulled down after a successful DMCA claim.
7. Not satisfied Sye then reuploaded the exact same video onto HIS Christian Youtube channel, again containing commercial adverts for both his website and Crown Rights Media, and again failing to correctly attribute the source of the audio.
8. The video was again successfully removed from Youtube.
So, there’s the case. Sye agreed to certain terms enabling him to appear on our podcast, he then broke those terms in every single way possible afterwards, proving that his word is worth nothing and that he has zero integrity or honour.
And yet Dan defends him.