an atheist viewpoint

thoughts from a non-theist

Jesus: False Prophet?

These three verses from Matthew seem to be clear enough in what they are saying –

When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes. (Matthew 10:23)

I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom. (Matthew 16:28)

I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. (Matthew 24:34)

And what about this from Mark?

And he said to them, “I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power.” (Mark 9:1)

Or from Luke?

I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:27)

What does John present?

I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death. (John 8:51)

 

Jesus CLEARLY states that his return would happen during the lifetime of his disciples, yet 2000 years later there’s still no sign of him! He also stated that anyone who kept his would would never die! The Bible has something to say about this kind of behaviour –

“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him” (Deut. 18:22)

Christians, please explain this, by your own holy book Jesus is a false prophet.

Single Post Navigation

95 thoughts on “Jesus: False Prophet?

  1. Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

    Jesus is the author of Deuteronomy.

    Your turn.

    • I haven’t read this yet because it has no ethos. How can an atheist who doesn’t believe in God and thereby doesn’t believe in persons chosen by God exist have a good understanding on how to find a true prophet? It’s completely absurd.

  2. “Jesus is the author of Deuteronomy.”

    Funny, as the Pentateuch is widely seen by Christians and Jews as the work of Moses (Deuteronomy 31:9 “So Moses wrote down this law and gave it to the priests.” and Deuteronomy 31:24-26 “When Moses had finished writing down this entire body of law in a book…”). But let’s just go with your answer for a moment – if Jesus wrote Deuteronomy (many many years before he was born) then why is he identifying HIMSELF as a false prophet?

    Your turn.

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      That’s a fallaciously complex question.

      Go.

      • That’s a fallaciously complex question.

        That’s a fellatiously absurd answer.

      • Plumesy on said:

        I see. It seems al dis muslim re animals bcs y, dey re fooled.
        Firstly, i heard 4rm Islam channel dat muslim face kaaba whn prayin. I knw dat kaaba is an old shrine. So hw wil God Almighty b sacred at a shrine, a God dat creatd al thing, hw wil he b at kaaba. God hve mercy.
        Secondly, 4rm d sam source arabic meaning of Quaran is anouncement. So hw is dat d word of God whch al muslim argue 2 b d word of God. God hve mercy

  3. “That’s a fallaciously complex question”

    No, it isn’t! It’s a very simple question, following on logically from your previous answer. Let’s recap, see if you can catch up –

    1. I provide a list of Bible verses where Jesus states that he would return and set up his Kingdom whilst his apostles were still alive.

    2. I then provided a verse from Deuteronomy that stated that anyone making a prediction that didn’t come true was NOT speaking the word of the Christian god.

    3. I showed that this verse makes Jesus a false prophet.

    4. You answered by saying that Jesus wrote Deuteronomy

    5. I expressed surprise at this, considering that he a) wasn’t born when Deuteronomy was written, and b) the Bible states Moses wrote it. However I said I would go along with your assertion and then asked why would Jesus write something that identified his OWN ACTIONS as those of a false prophet.

    6. You wrongly stated the question was “fallaciously complex”

    So, let’s try again.

    If, by your own words, Jesus is the author of the verse in Deuteronomy that explains the actions of a false prophet, why did he subsequently behave as a false prophet by making predictions that didn’t happen?

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      1. Before Abraham I Am.

      2. Moses spoke the words of God.

      3. How do you know what Jesus said hasn’t happened?

      4. Cherry picking.

      5. Dishonest loaded question.

      6. Your about as clueless as anybody can be.

      7. Doing things after the tradition of Reynolds.

      Now, ready to have an honest discussion?

      • It doesn’t look like you’re ready for an honest discussion, HA. Now, what was #7 exactly? Alex only made six points.

        Was it: making predictions that didn’t happen? If so, justify how that “follows in my tradition”, you little shit.

  4. “Your about as clueless as anybody can be.”

    Says the man who used the wrong ‘your’.

    It’s ok, Nide, I understand that you can’t answer and can barely even comprehend the question.

    Any other Christian’s, those with working brains, able to answer?

    The question again – can you explain why the Bible and the words of Jesus seem to paint him as a false prophet?

    • Steven S. on said:

      Well, it’s obvious — time stopped in ~40 A.D., and all apparent time since then has been the actions of the crazed creator god Samael to drive us away from faith, and from the notion that we will be freed from the Black Iron Prison that we have created for ourselves….

      Oh, wait, I’m channeling Phil Dick again. Never mind. 😉

      • Plumesy on said:

        Firstly, God ve mercy. Dat boy no knw bible wel. I wil say dat Jesus is far more than any prophet. He hs ben in existence b4 creatin. I wil say dat dat through Him Jesus, creation ws possible bcs God said he is my word nd through him al things were made. Even, when God was 2 creat man, he said let creat man in ur own image. We shld ask who wil he b talkin 2. Dat ws Jesus. Evn he is d light of God, whn adam nd Eve ate d fruit i.e aft dey knw dat dey were nakd, it ws writn dat dey heard d word of God walkin, who wil dat b den. Pls, ther shld b an undstandin. Tnxs

  5. For the ‘lulz’ I’m going to answer these points –

    Nide said “1. Before Abraham I Am.”

    So? completely irrelevant to the question I’m asking

    “2. Moses spoke the words of God.”

    Again, utterly irrelevant.

    “3. How do you know what Jesus said hasn’t happened?”

    Let me counter by asking you this – did the ‘Second coming’ of Christ happen before 100AD?

    “4. Cherry picking.”

    Huh?? Let me quote YOUR OWN WORDS – “Jesus is the author of Deuteronomy.”

    “5. Dishonest loaded question.”

    You haven’t explained why. Please try to.

    “6. Your about as clueless as anybody can be.”

    The correct contraction of ‘you’ and ‘are’ is ‘you’re’. Please explain why I am ‘clueless’

    “7. Doing things after the tradition of Reynolds.”

    As I didn’t have a seventh point, I don’t know to what you are answering with this.

    “Now, ready to have an honest discussion?”

    I’m trying to, but you’re behaving like a simpleton who doesn’t understand basic english.

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      ” did the ‘Second coming’ of Christ happen before 100AD?”

      You’re gonna have to expand.

      My other point.

      Jesus was God.
      God spoke to Moses.
      Therefore, Jesus is ultimately the author of the old testament.

      • Could you kindly tell us where the trinity is mentioned in the bible? I think you will find that its existence was still being argued for hundreds of years after (the non-birth of) Jesus. Without evidence for the trinity your argument seems a little weak …

      • Steven S. on said:

        Jesus was God.

        Well, that’s what the false prophet told us, at least. False according to the Deuteronomical standard.

  6. “Jesus was God.
    God spoke to Moses.
    Therefore, Jesus is ultimately the author of the old testament.”

    Yes, I understood that, and asked why (if that’s the case) would Jesus write something that would later lead to him being dubbed a ‘false prophet’?

    Care to answer?

    I said ”did the ‘Second coming’ of Christ happen before 100AD?”

    Nide said “You’re gonna have to expand.”

    Why? The question is clear. I understand why you don’t want to answer though.

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      Actually you don’t know. Remember you don’t know anything.

      Now, how about asking that question again.

  7. Nide, if you only intend to act like an arse I’ll not hesitate to block you.

    So, it’s up to you, try and behave like an adult and drop the blizzard of bullshit, or I’ll simply boot you off my blog.

    Your choice.

  8. “Actually you don’t know. Remember you don’t know anything”

    And yet by conversing with Alex you are performatively assuming he knows how to read and write in English. Yet another self defeating statement from Hezekiah.

  9. Ydemoc on said:

    I’ve often wondered how much more time has to pass without Jesus showing up, before Christians are willing to hold Jesus to the standard their own Storybook lays down in Deut. 18:22. How many years have to pass before someone is finally judged to be a false prophet? Two-thousand more? Five-thousand? Ten? Never — because of they follow the fog of faith rather than facts?

    And here’s something else to ponder: Say someone proclaimed something “in the name of the Lord” back then and it didn’t come true. So? Maybe it just hadn’t happened yet. Why weren’t those people, so-called false prophets, afforded the same liberal policy in terms of the time-frame for such a thing to come true as Christians continue to afford Jesus? Blank out.

    Also, if someone had predicted in, say, 65 c.e., that Jesus would not come back for at least nearly two-thousand years, tell us Christians, would that person have been a false prophet? Even though what that person said was absolutely correct?

    Scripture: The pathway to murkiness.

    The Bible: An Idiot’s Guide to Rationalizing

    Faith: Justifying and accounting for irrationality, ever since the day man invented gods.

    ————————————————————————————————–

    Hezekiah Ahaz — “You gotta get rid of logic…..it’s sickening.”

    May 1, 2012 3:46 PM
    (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5891695301028606857&postID=3861152882723808512)

    ————————————————————————————————–

    That pretty much says it all, doesn’t it?

    Ydemoc

  10. @Ydemoc

    Yes, yes it does. Now I would like to leave this quote by William Lane Craig of all people. Take note of the last sentence.

    A robust natural theology may well be necessary for the gospel to be effectively heard in Western society today. In general, Western culture is deeply post-Christian. It is the product of the Enlightenment, which introduced into European culture the leaven of secularism that has by now permeated Western society. While most of the original Enlightenment thinkers were themselves theists, the majority of Western intellectuals today no longer considers theological knowledge to be possible. The person who follows the pursuit of reason unflinchingly toward its end will be atheistic or, at best, agnostic.

  11. Nide, you’re on your last warning – either engage like an adult or you’re gone

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      Alex,

      I have shown you many good works from my father. So, for which one of them do you want to stone me?

  12. Hezekiah:

         You have shown no good works. You have displayed deception and evasion.

  13. Ydemoc on said:

    Hezekiah wrote to Alex: “I have shown you many good works from my father. So, for which one of them do you want to stone me?”

    Justin responded: “You have shown no good works. You have displayed deception and evasion.”

    Not to mention irrationality and tomfoolery.

    But he’s a likable enough chap on-air — which is more than can be said for the invisible magic being he worships. At least Hezekiah exists; but his invisible magic wonder being? There’s nothing there.

    Somewhere in Hezekiah’s development, for whatever reason, he failed to check his premises (i.e., checking his thoughts to see if the correspond to what is). It was then, when he stopped thinking that fear stepped in. Seeking to escape from this overwhelming fear, he replaced it with Storybook inputs, which continue to fuel his imagination unto this day.

    Basically, he has departed from rationality, essentially doing nothing different in peddling his dogma than if he were trying to tell us all about Harry Potter and how real he is. And faith serves as that magic safe-room in his mind to where he can always retreat when someone else is making to much sense or he needs to account for and/or justify the irrationality he peddles.

    Meanwhile, as he continues to imagine and retreat to his magic safe-room called faith, reality never goes away — it never hides — it simply is, and is always here for inspection.

    The same cannot be said about his god. And that’s not surprising. In fact, it’s exactly what one would expect if the being he worships was just a figment of mystic imagination.

    Ydemoc

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      “The world can’t hate you but it hates me because I testify of it that its deeds are evil.”- Jesus Christ

  14. Nide, if your very next reply isn’t an attempt to answer my question I will block you.

    Understand?

  15.      Well, I’m not Nide. But I think I can answer those questions. There has been no “second coming” — not before 853 AVC, and not before 2765 AVC. Jesus as depicted in the bible (I don’t know whether there was a historical Jesus or not) was a false prophet. He predicted certain things would come to pass. A more than reasonable time has been allotted. And his predictions have not come to pass.

    • Hezekiah Ahaz on said:

      Pv,

      Well, there answers out there.
      The transfiguration is one.

      By the way do you believe Jesus spoke those words?

  16. “Well, there answers out there.
    The transfiguration is one.”

    That’s it, you’re gone.

  17. From what I know of apologetics:

    They say that god’s “kingdom” did come then…only “spiritually” or something. The stuff about angels coming to judge people within those verses is just referring to a “different” event, even though in context they’re right beside each other and there’s no hint that the bible is talking about two different events as opposed to one event.

    In other words: this “transfiguration” is supposed to be the “kingdom coming” that Jesus was supposed to have been referring to.

  18. Reasonable Sanity on said:

    There is no evidence that the Jesus of the bible ever existed. I’ve been presented by believers with so many arguments regarding the fact that if you deny this, then you must deny every historical figure that ever existed. Of course, that’s pure crappola. We have nothing written by Jesus. We have no contemporary reports of Jesus. We have nothing but a poorly collaborated book of many books, most of which were written by a man who obviously never even heard of Jesus (Paul). Paul was legalistic and very prescriptive, thus his books were cannonized by the church to continue control and domination over their followers.

    Believers love to cite that “spiritual” stuff regarding death, events, etc. That way, they can never be wrong. Adam and Eve were told that when they ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, they’d die. They ate, but didn’t die. Physically. Oh, it was a spiritual death. Ok, I got it. So God doesn’t really say what he means, on terms that we can understand. When god said they’d surely die, he really meant that they’d surely only live for another 900 years, then die, but they died long ago spiritually. Huh?

    Yeah, I know, apologists make all kinds of noise, but essentially say that their god says lots of stuff, but it’s up to his followers to determine if he meant it literally or spiritually. And only they can determine one from another. Yet, we are meant to take the bible literally.

    Go figure.

  19. My wife had the answer to this an hour ago, but I had to keep reading… the answer is…… ready? Well you’re going to have to wait….

    Ok, here it is… the bible was written by men, Harry Potter was written by a woman… throw the bible on the shelf next to HP series and take it with the same amount of factual information due to the fact it has been perverted beyond belief, as already stated, for control and dominion over the sheep. Free Will and Free Thought scare them…

    Oh and the Adam and Eve story is just a perversion of Pandora’s Box… just saying…

    • Hi Derik

      I wouldn’t completely agree with this.
      The old testament (up to 2nd Kings) is a good example of an Orwellian re-writing (or making up) of history to cement control by a ruler.
      There is some historical relevance after that point but it needs to be examined as though it is more propaganda than accurate history.

      • That would be why it ends up on a shelf rather than in a fire.

        So many fundies use Ayn Rand’s fiction for philosophical guidance, why wouldn’t they use JK Rowling in 50 years or so?

      • Oh dear, you have a point I fear 😦
        I hope that in the future we aren’t able to point back to say “This tragedy is due to the following of Ayn Rand”. Unfortunately, there is a decent argument to be made that some recent tragedies are attributable to her influence 😦

        Maybe we’ll end up with religious wars between the followers of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Vampire Chronicles, Twilight & A Song of Ice & Fire.
        Although admittedly only one of these is at the writing level of the bible 😉

  20. A religion based on Twilight, now that would suck…

  21. Roxy on said:

    All right, I’ll bite. The Christian church is the kingdom. It was established as written in Acts 2 when the apostles and other followers of Jesus became filled with the Holy Spirit and then Peter preached to the crowd in Jerusalem. About 3000 were baptized that day and they began to learn from the apostles and follow their teaching.

    • still doesn’t account for the fact that he never had a second show… Hey guys have you checked Vegas? It seems to be where all of those people that are supposedly still alive can be found… i.e. Elvis and 2Pac

      • Roxy on said:

        Jesus lives on in his church. We believe he will return, but as Matthew says, no man knows the hour, only the Father.

      • @Roxy

        That’s the exact point trying to be made, he gave a time frame… it didn’t happen.

    • In regards to Matthew 16 at least:
      The context clearly implies that the “judgement” would happen at that same time, what with the angels arriving and everything.

      Matthew 16
      Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
      25 For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
      26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
      27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
      So, this is supposed to refer the actual second coming then? But, all of a sudden in the very next line, with no hint of any context change:

      28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
      Yet we’re supposed to believe that verse 28 refers to a completely different event…his going up on the mountain and talking with some OT saints? If that’s the case, why didn’t he just say so? He could have said something like: “I’m going up on a mountaintop to meet some people…”

      A relevant article here:
      http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article86.html

  22. “All right, I’ll bite. The Christian church is the kingdom. It was established as written in Acts 2 when the apostles and other followers of Jesus became filled with the Holy Spirit and then Peter preached to the crowd in Jerusalem. About 3000 were baptized that day and they began to learn from the apostles and follow their teaching.”

    That’s an extremely fringe take on the whole thing. So the ‘Kingdom of God’ has been in existence for almost 2000 years?? Bit rubbish, isn’t it?

    • Roxy on said:

      An explanation was requested and I provided it. Fringe or not, it fits. Yes, the kingdom of god has been in existence for almost 2000 years.

      • I think you’d be hard pressed to find many Christians who agree with you.

        To be honest it seems like a rather pathetic “fulfillment” of prophecy to me, and smacksof a certain amount of special pleading from someone who knows deep down that his religion is guff.

      • Roxy on said:

        “I think you’d be hard pressed to find many Christians who agree with you.”

        I can find christians who agree with me.

        It’s not a fulfillment of prophecy, it’s an interpretation to answer the original question, which was “Why didn’t jesus establish his kingdom during the lifetime of his apostles?”

  23.      “Fringe or not, it fits.”
         It has a sort of square=peg-round-hole feel to it. If a similar interpretive style were used to salvage a competing religion, I do not think you would accept it.

    • Roxy on said:

      Does it answer the question?

      • Ydemoc on said:

        Yep, like “5” answers the question: What’s 2+2? — except much worse, in that numbers can be established with reference to reality and man’s conceptual consciousness and therefore corrections can be made. Such is not the case with god and belief in one, since such a being exists solely in the imagination — nowhere else. Therefore, any doctrine built from such a notion is nothing but a fantasy, no matter how elaborate the rationalizations formulated from it.

        But you’re right in one sense: One interpretation of Christianity (or any religion for that matter) is as good as any other. Funny how that happens when one chooses to follow fantasy rather than reality.

        Check your premises.

        Ydemoc

  24. Roxy on said:

    You asked for an interpretation that made sense. I wouldn’t answer 5 when you asked for the sum of 2+2 and I didn’t go off on some ramble about how Jesus wrote Deuteronomy.

    Why is my answer wrong?

    As an aside, you need to examine your own premises. It sounds to me like you are assuming I am a christian.

  25. Ydemoc on said:

    Hi Roxy,

    You wrote: “You asked for an interpretation that made sense.”

    And as I stated, after 2000+ years of the woven fantasy known as Christianity, I suppose one interpretation is as good (or bad, if you will) as the next.

    You wrote: “I wouldn’t answer 5 when you asked for the sum of 2+2…”

    That’s good to hear. And I was only using that example to make a broader point.

    You wrote: “….and I didn’t go off on some ramble about how Jesus wrote Deuteronomy.”

    I believe Hezekiah did this, didn’t he? And I believe I asked questions about Jesus being a false prophet. If I’m wrong about this, please let me know.

    You wrote: “Why is my answer wrong?”

    In the context of the Storybook fables more commonly known as the bible, I would guess your answer is neither right nor wrong. It’s just one more interpretation. Hence, doctrinal differences and the splintering of Christianity into so many sub-cults. Clarity: just another one of faith’s casualties.

    You wrote: “As an aside, you need to examine your own premises. It sounds to me like you are assuming I am a christian.”

    Well, perhaps I was leaning a little that way. But if you read what I wrote, I’m sure you could also interpret it another way. (Funny how that happens when one isn’t as clear as one could be). Meanwhile, I’ll take your advice so that, hopefully, in the future I won’t be like the bible — I’ll be more clear in what I’m trying to say. In other words, I’ll do my best not to leave it up to interpretation.

    Ydemoc

  26. Pingback: 120517–George Hach’s Inner Discipline’s Journal–Thursday | George Hach's Blog

  27. Jesus prediction was correct, he was not talking about the second coming rather the destruction of the second temple and the ways of Jews would end with them turning to Christianity

  28. jeremiah on said:

    atheist, i truly say to you believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and you will be saved from the fires of hell. PLEASE accept Christ as ur savior and Lord, the Son of God, even demons believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

    • Alex Botten on said:

      You are offensively stupid, and your “turn or burn” threat theology is laughable bullshit.

      Sent from my iPad

      • Hey Alex, glad to see you are still around, hope all is well. Jeremiah may I suggest you conceptualize the idea of what an unsubstantiated threat is. It will assist you in not looking like a complete village idiot.

  29. YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD on said:

    Muhammad is a FALSE PROPHET! ALLAH IS A SATAN!!!!!!

    YAHWEH IS A REAL GOD! JESUS CHRIST IS A YAHWEH’S SON!

    YAHWEH KICK ALLAH OUT!

    JESUS CHRIST KICK MUHAMMAD OUT!

    WHY MUSLIM WANT KILLER CHRISTIAN AND JEWS FOR WHAT? MUSLIM IS A TRUE EVIL! IF YOU WANT FOLLOW MUSLIM MORE THAN CHRISTIANITY? GO AHEAD! I’LL PRAYED FOR YOU! I WILL NOT CARE IF YOU COME TO KILL ME, I AM HERE AND KILL ME!

  30. YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD on said:

    MUSLIM GO TO HELL!

    • YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD on said:

      I WAS ONE WHO BEEN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCED, I SAW A REAL HEAVEN, A BEAUTIFUL LIGHT AND WONDERFUL SONG, GOD TOLD ME HIS NAME IS YAHWEH AND YAHWEH WARNED ME THAT ALLAH IS A SATAN! MUHAMMAD IS A FALSE PROPHET! JESUS CHRIST IS A REAL SON OF GOD! I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL MUSLIM WHO FOLLOW 666 SATAN FOR DUMB WASTED AND SATAN WILL DESTROY EVERY MUSLIM’S SOUL! GOOD LUCK!

  31. I’m going to leave these insane ramblings from YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD up, as they are a graphic example of how fucked a mind becomes when religion is introduced to it.

    • YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD on said:

      I am not follow whatever all people trying to make everyone to hate Jesus Christ, I know Muslim try make world turn against Jesus Christ! I am not stupid! Muslim is a EVIL! so I’ll prayed for you, if you not believe in Yahweh or Jesus Christ, if you want believe in Allah and Muhammad, go ahead! have a fun time with 666 but 666 won’t save your own soul!

      • YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD on said:

        Oh yes one more, Christianity love Jews, Christianity love Hindu, Chirstianity love Buddhist, Christianity love everyone! but Muslim? Muslim love only Muslim people and Muslim hate Jews, Muslim hate Christianity, Muslim hate Hindu, Muslim hate Buddhist and Muslim hate Non-believing. You have no idea what Muslim want for “goal” because in next 20-50 years from now, Earth would be 100% muslim population because Muslim kill all jews, christian, hindu, buddhist, non-believing. you will see how many Muslim did murdered hindu, you will see how many Muslim did murdered christian and you will see how many Muslim murdered jews! Muslim hate Israel because Satan hate Israel! Yahweh created Israel! Wake up! USA might lose in the war because Iran built Nuclear Weapons to wipe all population zone where is not muslim!

  32. YAHWEH_IS_A_TRUE_GOD on said:

    Muslim is a true EVIL! Murder is NOT PEACE! Good Luck!

  33. Plumesy on said:

    U said he did nting. Good, evn if he did nt , he said i would b cruxified nd rose up at third day whch came 2 pass. Is dat nt enough dat he is d son nd word evn light of God far more dat jst a prophet. I read an article dat he neva died, good bt by d 3rd day, roman soldiers wre at his tomb waitin 2 c hw he would rise. Bt unfortunatly, an earthquake hapend when th king of kings, lord of lords, d son, word nd light of God rose whch killd al d soldier. He neva died, he ascended 2 heaven ws dat nt enough 4 u 2 talk like angels of darknes dat my father sent out of his kingdom. God ve mercy.

    • You know, if you ditched your delusional belief in whatever version of god you think exists, and went to school, you might actually be able to string a coherent sentence together.

      Try it, you might like it.

      • TheAir on said:

        Your original point cuts through The Bible very well. I too noticed Deuteronomy 18:22 and thought of Jesus.
        However, you have proven your skills end in negation. You can reduce everything with articulate logic, but you’ve given no answer. What do you believe? Where did your life, breath, heartbeat, intelligence come from? Nothing? That is no answer. You are a cynic – it works in disproving arguments, but you have said nothing. Explain the boundless evidence of logic in music – the perfect 5th, for example. (Any string played at 2/3 its length produces the perfect 5th of string note) It never fails. How?? The mathematics are awe-inspiring. To be consumed with your petty atheist arguments in a world or such profound logical order is unintelligent. That is the truth. To not believe in Jesus is understandable – to be intelligent and an atheist, is impossible. Read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius Antoninus.

      • TheAir on said:

        And yes, I had a typo, would you think it intelligent to disregard my entire statement because I typed ‘or’ rather than ‘of’? I mean no disrespect, but I think an intelligent person who can disprove Jesus Christ shouldn’t quit at ‘nothing’, which is, to my understanding, what an atheist does.

      • Alex Botten on said:

        I’ve heard some weak arguments for gods in the past, but ‘there must be a god because you can tune a guitar’ is possibly the weakest.

  34. There is a great deal in the Bible to suggest Jesus was either a false prophet or perhaps even the devil himself. Take Isaiah 14 for example: it talks about an angel (presumably the devil), the greatest angel, who was perfect and so wanted to become like God (or become God; Jesus fits here). It is cast down to earth (again, fits) and there claims it will ascend to heaven (fits again). It is killed but doesn’t die – the grave rejects it “like an unclean branch” (yet again – fits).

    Ezekiel 28 seems to refer to the same being, a guardian cherub (type of angel) apparently favoured by God at first, that sets itself to become God. It is cast down to earth, where it becomes a “spectacle” of all the nations. The “most ruthless of nations” (Rome?) comes against it and “pierces its splendour” with a weapon (Spear of Longinus perhaps?). The text asks if it will still call itself God, when it is only a mortal in the hands of these men.

    Jesus even describes himself as a serpent who must be raised up (John 3:14) – in that passage, he refers to an object Moses is supposed to have carried out of Egypt, which was a cross with a bronze serpent on it (they don’t tell you that he was wandering around with this bronze snake idol before he got all mad about the bronze cow). It is depicted as so:

    My atheistic side says that it’s all a trick of an Eastern mystery religion, some sort of test. The mystery religions were full of codes and secrets and tests. This could be a test of one’s knowledge or aptitude: if you were willing to give up your soul to the devil (Jesus) in return for immortality or out of fear of his demons or because you couldn’t decipher his nature and thereby cross this “pons asinorum” (for lack of a better term), then perhaps you weren’t worthy. There was an obviousness to it built-in; the OT says “no god but me” and “worship no images” and “beware of miracles and sorcery” and then the NT comes and there’s a guy working miracles who says he too is God and everyone starts worshipping his image (which is an image of human sacrifice, to boot). So the promising mystic may have been expected to see right through the whole tale.

  35. Um dude you don’t have a clue. When Jesus told his disciples they won’t taste death-he was speaking about spiritual death-which only those who reject Christ will experience. As far as him saying that this generation will not pass until all these things are fulfilled- he was talking about the end time generation that will experience all the signs he mentioned. Christ fulfilled every prophecy about himself and why would he break one of his own commandments about not lying? One cannot expect to pick up a bible and try to figure it out with their own intellect. One must receive Christ and then His Spirit will live in you and guide you into truth. Otherwise, we are just like the scripture that says, “professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.”

    • Alex Botten on said:

      So, to be a le to believe one must first believe. Got you.

      ‘Dude’, I was a believing Christian for 20 years, I know the various interpretations, and I know that the text doesn’t support them.

  36. Lynn:

         You construct a meaningless interpretation for the passages. Taken in any meaningful sense, they provide criteria by which we can judge the prophecies to have failed. You, like many christians, reinterpret them to support indefinite postponement. The correct meaning is physical death (so that it is a criterion, even believers were expected to have a physical death; the prophecy was just that he would return first.) And the correct meaning is the generation to which he was speaking. (It is meaningless to say that “whatever generation is around to see it will be around to see it.” He was saying that the people he was speaking to would be around to see it.

  37. Victoria on said:

    I am soooooooo happy to have someone who thinks along my same lines as I. It is sad to see the world has been tricked for centuries about this false magician Jesus. There ARE reasons why the Catholic Church has left out MANY important stories about Jesus. One, to be exact, is the writings of a man named Barnabas. He was one of Jesus’s followers and he states in this passage that Jesus came from Egypt where he learned the usefulness of magic to perform. Jesus might have even faked his own death. Jesus was obviously a very intelligent man who knew how to manipulate the crowd to think that he could perform miracles. Ex: raising Lazarus from the dead. Have you ever heard of Houdini? He was also a famous magician in the 20th century that specifically attended many seances to prove the magician wrong. It is amazing how easy it is to trick a persons mind. I hope this has helped some people to see how obviously very gullable the world is. THERE IS NO DUDE HANGING OUT IN THE SKY WHO RECIEVES BILLIONS OF PRAYERS EVERY SECOND. Im sorry, but that’s a fairytale that doesn’t happen. The End.

  38. clayapple on said:

    27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.
    So, this is supposed to refer the actual second coming then? But, all of a sudden in the very next line, with no hint of any context change:

    Yes this refers to the second coming.

    Matt 16.28 Truly I say to you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

    This reference was before Jesus ascended to the Father not returning in his Father’s glory. See following ref where Jesus returned at this point, not from his Father but from death. This also presents the picture that Christ was on His way somewhere, that place, as He tells us is to His Father. Where is the Father? in heaven…

    John 20.17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father.

    The men who will not die before seeing his COMING into His kingdom do see Him do exactly that. He returns from death and they witness His transfiguration as He goes to the Father. From the Father’s point of view, Jesus is coming into the kingdom.

    When Jesus returns to earth for the second coming is after His ascension to the kingdom, once He has returned to the Father (and kingdom) then will He return ‘in His Father’s glory’.

    Verse 27 talks of Jesus coming FROM heaven, verse 28 He is going To heaven

  39. clayapple on said:

    aye aye aye John 20.17 returning from death… maybe i need a break from typing, too much study going on… anyway I hope you get my point lol

  40. Stacy on said:

    You’re completely basing all writings based on the books donned by the Orthodox Catholic Church to be placed in their cannon (the modern bible). During that same time period, there were other doctrine written and circulated throughout the different Christian sects such as the Prayer of the Apostle Paul, the Exegesis of the Soul, and the Tripartite Tractate for example (there were over 50+ books that never made the cut into the modern bible decided by a group of men hundreds of years ago).

    In these gnostic texts, it says Jesus did come back to his followers to speak to all of them – he appeared not in flesh, but in his true form, the lightest light. He refers to the flesh of man being garments that hid the true self. In these books, there was also a belief that when one died, if they weren’t spiritually in tune enough, they’d be reborn on earth again and essentially die because all of their previous memories – their soul, what made them them, would disappear. The only way to truly preserve your spirit and soul was to gain gnosis (knowledge) in order to escape this illusionist reality and make it back to the pleroma, the true heaven.

    You are taking the writings too literally. It is well known that in public Jesus was rather vague and spoke in parables.

    Hence:

    “All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them.” Matt 13:34

    “But without a PARABLE spoke He not unto them…” Mark 4:34

    “This PARABLE spoke Jesus unto them; but they understood not what things they were which He spoke unto them.” John 10:6

  41. If you look at Jewish beliefs about their hell, Jews believed bad people would go down to Gehenna. If they were truly bad, God would destroy them altogether- thus the true death mentioned. If you are more good then bad, you spent six months in Gehenna before going to Eden, the garden that God lives (heaven).

    If you were good, you continued to exist after this life. If you were bad, you’d disappear, forever dying as a spirit.

    Your turn.

  42. JamieDaughterOfGod on said:

    Hhahahahahaaaa.
    I am laughing because God is good and all knowing. I am just coming from church and we had a sermon about this very thing!
    We Christians believe that Jesus iS God. They are the same. Jesus says in the Holy Bible “I have all authority in Earth and in Heaven” [WHO HAS ALL AUTHORITY? GOD. JESUS IS GOD] We believe theres no human part of Jesus at all except the human shell. He is not a man. He is God. so if we walk in the way of Jesus. We walk in the way of God. Christians believe God came down in the form of a human man. JESUS. WE say son because God revealed himself in the natural sense in the form of a human man to form a new covenant by giving ALL CHRISITIANS POWER AND AUTHORITY IN THE NAME OF Jesus. HIM. HIS NAME. So Christians believe we dont need a priest to forgive our sins. Because God formed a new Covenant. “CHURCH” through Jesus Christ. GOD HIMSELF. this fulfills the prophecy of a God given religion. Muslims believe God never made a covenant. We must live our lives in a very strict way (read the Quran) They believe THIS fulfills the “God given religion”. Jews believe God will give his GOD GIVEN RELIGION at the end of the world. Its an interpretation of the scriptures that an atheist will never be able to discern because half the interpretation of the word is based in faith which you dont possess. No offense meaning.
    PEACE TO YOU.

  43. Carlos Fernandez on said:

    Hi,

    I’d be more than glad to help you out in this subject. However, being that you’ve most likely have made up your mind about him, I may not be persuasive enough. How’s the little one by the way? Hope the family is in good health.

    Now, on with the answers.

    In your response to the first claim, Matthew 10:23, a vast majority of the disciples were martyred except maybe Judas because he hung himself. So, technically, if they died before going through all the cities because they were always on the run and promising to return afterwards, then yes, when Christ returns the saying is true.

    In regards to your second claim, ever hear of ghosts or purgatory? I know and it sounds stupid. But, if you keep with an open mind, if there are ghosts, shouldn’t they be in either heaven or hell? And if not, isn’t probable that maybe they are not seeing “death”(which is actually the final death of going into the lake if fire) because of what Christ said? He’s showing them he was true and is baring them from eternity in hell for the time being(much like the demon that said why do you come to us before the I appointed time, spare us, etc).

    The generation he was referring to that will not pass away is the generation of his actual return. He said these are the signs and that that particular generation that has it will see his coming, etc.

    And finally, your last comment, what he means by death is not being eternally damned to hell for eternity. Cause when your there you are dead, but when you’re in heaven your alive.

    Hope this help

    • The Old Testament by Israelites. The New Testament was written by Roman talking about an Israelite…why in the world would Romans would talk about someone who is not one of them?
      God owns heaven and hell…so follow Him. He know where he will put you.
      Jesus is not God because he died. And painfully. Those who followed Him died too. God did not save him. But God save Daniel against the Lions. God saves those who are loyal to Him. God is a good God. God even grew an instant tree to save Jonah from heat. God cares. If He doesn’t care for you, maybe you should revise your priorities in life. Meaning put Him at the top of your list.

  44. FALSE PROPHECIES OF JESUS ?
    Christian Answers To Muslim Questians
    .
    1st PROPHECY
    Lord Jesus says:
    ★ “Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom” (Mt 16:28, Mk 9:1, Lk 9:27).
    ★ “…you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the cloudes of heaven…” (MT 26:64)
    ANSWER
    The Holy Bible itself tells us that many people including the disciple John saw it… This we also find in the Biblical Book of Revelation; in which John sees (Rev 1:1-2) Lord Jesus and writes:
    “Behold! He is coming with the clouds…” (Rev 1:7).
    “And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God…” (Rev 21:2).
    Stephen also saw this and said:
    “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” (Acts 7:56).
    .
    2nd PROPHECY
    Lord Jesus says:
    ★ “Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away, until all these things have taken place.” (Mt 24:34, Mk 13:30, Lk 21:32).
    ★ “Truly I tell you, all this will come upon this generation.” (Mt 23:36).
    ANSWER
    In these verses, Lord Jesus refers to ‘THIS GENERATION’. And according to Lord Jesus, ‘THIS GENERATION’ refers to ‘EVIL & ADULTEROUS GENERATION’ and it does not refer only to the people at that time!.
    This we find in the words of Lord Jesus Himself! For when He was asked for a sign, Lord Jesus said:
    “An evil and adulterous generation asks for a sign…” (Mt 16:4).
    Lord Jesus also says: “Those who are ashamed of me and of My Words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of them the Son of Man will also be ashamed when He comes in the glory…” (Mk 8:9).
    Therefore, according to Lord Jesus; ‘THIS GENERATION’ in His above prophecy means an ‘EVIL & ADULTEROUS GENERATION’ which will not pass away before the Second Coming of Christ.
    .
    3rd PROPHECY
    Lord Jesus says:
    ★ “…truly I tell you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel (preaching Golpel) before the Son of Man comes…” (Mt 10:23).
    ANSWER
    Its true; the disciples of Lord Jesus at that time were excommunicated from Judaism and they had to leave Israel and go preaching the Gospel to other nations of the world.
    Secondly, Lord Jesus also tells this to all His disciples; present at that time and of future disciples! And its true; even now after 2000 years, all the disciples of Lord Jesus have not succeeded in reaching every town of Israel preaching the Gospel to every Jew. Even now they are being persecuted.
    .
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    .
    This is posted here because some Muslims are found to discredit Lord Jesus and the Holy Bible to brainwash those poor Christians who have not read the Holy Bible and in this way they brainwash them to believe that Christianity is false Religion. And then, they persue them to get converted to Islam! Britain has seen many such brainwashed conversions after which the converts are exported to Middle-East to join the ISIS terror groups to kill non-muslims.
    .
    Therefore, through this post, we kindly request you to create awareness by sharing it with your friends; so that they remain aware of the Word of God and do not fall prey to their trap. Thank you
    .
    Source: http://facebook.com/christian.prophecies

Write what you like, but don't cry if you act like a dick and get banned for it

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: