Bob Sorensen: Whining Liar For Jesus
Liar for Jesus, Bob Sorensen, the man behind the thoroughly dishonest ‘Question Evolution Project’, and an individual who will not shy away from any falsehood if it he thinks it will further his aims, has published a whine about lying on his sorry excuse for a blog.
The most interesting part follows –
Further, this foolishness of calling someone a liar out of hand commits several fallacious things at once: Poison the well, appeal to ridicule, commit an abusive ad hominem and others. This trick conveniently dodges any truths that the other person may be saying that the attacker finds inconvenient.
Unlike the false reality of leftists, the accusation itself is not the same as a conviction.
I’m going to put this to those people: When making such an accusation, you must give evidence (as well as motive) that the other person is actually lying. Back it up, Bertram. Not that you disagree, not that they are mistaken, not that they are using hyperbole to make a point, not that they are making a joke, but genuinely lying. Otherwise, I fully believe it is reasonable to accuse you of being the liar, attempting to manipulate the opinions of non-thinkers in your favor. And you being a liar would disappoint Sam Harris.
OK, Bob, who was this article on YOUR page about? You see, Bob, there’s only ONE atheist that you’re aware of who lives in the same area as Halesowen (albeit several miles away), and that’s me. If the article you previously wrote is about me then we can check the claims you made against the reality of my life –
1. you claimed I was a drunk – this is not true, I do not drink
2. you claimed I was homeless – this is not true, I have never been homeless
3. you claimed that I was evicted – I have never been evicted in my life
4. you claimed I was jobless – this is again not true
5. you claimed that I ‘beg’ for use of electricity sockets – why would I do such a thing in my own flat?
6. you claimed that I suffered from ‘outbursts of extreme rage’ – I have never done any such thing
YOU have made these claims about ME, Bob. In your own words ‘Back it up, Bertram’, or be correctly dubbed a ‘liar for Jesus’.