More Astounding Idiocy from Nide/Richard/Trinity
Nide aka Richard aka Trinity aka Hezekiah Ahaz has posted ‘Ten Extremely Hard Questions for ‘Atheists” over on his risible blog. Here they are, along with my answers…..
1. How do you know you’re real?
I think, therefore I am.
2. How do you know your imagination is not real?
My imagination IS real – the things I imagine, on the other hand, can be a mixture of that which I’ve experienced and that which my brain can invent.
3. Does your imagination exist or is it real?
Of course my imagination exists.
4. How do you distinguish between what’s real and imaginary?
As a general rule of thumb if it only exists inside your head it is probably imaginary.
5. When you claim that God is imaginary, how do you know what you claim to be imaginary is imaginary?
That’s just gibberish.
EDIT: It’s been pointed out on both Nide’s blog, and in the comments here, that this isn’t actually gibberish, and a re-reading of the question shows that is indeed the case. I hastily replied from a skim reading of the question. What I saw as typical Nide nonsense is actually a question that can be answered.
Let’s try again –
“5. When you claim that God is imaginary, how do you know what you claim to be imagining is imaginary?”
Because there is nothing in reality that matches what I’m imagining. When I imagine a guitar I am basing the mental model I’m making on something I have experienced, something that exists in reality. When I imagine a god I have literally nothing in reality to compare that against. There is no evidence that gods exist, I have never seen on, nor has anyone alive.
6. Since you claim that Christians are imagining things, how is it then that we are not imagining you?
Do you think you’re imagining me? One way to check would be to ask other people who post on your blog whether they can read my replies or not. If they can read my replies then you can be sure you are not imagining me.
7. When you claim that the bible is false, how do you know that’s not Satan tricking you?
if you say that Satan doesn’t exist, how do you know Satan didn’t trick you into believing he doesn’t exist?
I can compare reality against what the Bible claims, and can provide evidence that the Bible is wrong about a great many things. I know ‘satan’ is not tricking me, because ‘satan’, like your god, does not exist.
8. Is everything that exist real? if not, how do you know you are real? if yes, is your imagination also real?
You’ve already asked this, and it’s already been answered.
9. When you claim you have “no God belief” all you are telling us is what it’s not but we want to know what exactly it is?
You know how you feel when thinking about your lack of belief in Father Christmas? That how I feel about your god.
10. What’s wrong with God sending sinners to hell?
If ‘mere men’ can see the injustice in an infinite punishment for finite wrong doing, then your god has a lot of problems.
Nide seems to genuinely think these are ‘extremely hard’ questions, yet they took less than two minutes to answer. Truly the delusion is strong with this one.
ADDENDUM: Nide has responded to my answers in a post titled ‘Alex’s Epic Failure’, you can read why he feels I have ‘epically failed’ here.