The Sorensen Cycle
Over the last 6 or 7 months I’ve watched Bob Sorensen interact with dozens of non-believers on blogs and Twitter, and every time he follows the exact same pattern. I’m calling it ‘The Sorensen Cycle’, and it goes a little like this –
- Make an ill-informed, sweeping, statement about atheists or evolution (eg. ‘Atheism causes brain damage’, make sure to use the #atheist tag)
- When atheists start to ask you what evidence you have for this, direct them to some Creationist website
- When this is pointed out to be no evidence at all accuse the atheists of being ‘trolls’, and insist that they are guilty of ‘logical fallacies’
- When asked to supply an example of a ‘logical fallacy’ tell the atheist that you’ve already done so, and ‘spanked’ them good.
- Continue to claim to have done something you haven’t, become more aggressive towards the atheists
- Claim victory to other Jesustweeters
He’s used this technique so many times I’ve lost count.